Leadership Effectiveness Acceleration Program (LEAP)
The Leadership Effectiveness Acceleration Program (LEAP) is an integrated program designed to equip senior-level leaders with the full range of strategic, operational, and interpersonal capabilities needed to show up powerfully and excel in today’s organizations.
To compete effectively at senior levels, leaders must be able to think incisively about their organization’s future direction: to ask the tough questions and understand how strategy drives operational planning and decision making. They must be fully evolved, high-performing players able to build high-performing teams, and they must possess the savvy and interpersonal skills to shape and influence outcomes across organizational boundaries, especially in highly matrixed environments.
This in-depth development experience combines ongoing assessment of each participant’s leadership behavior and progress, hands-on learning led by expert facilitators, peer-to-peer interaction and cross-fertilization of ideas and experiences, and one-on-one coaching.
LEAP is structured around three leadership-development learning modules and is limited to 12 participants who must:
- be in a senior leadership position
- be nominated by their organization
- have the support of their organization for structured sponsorship and coaching
- have the time to participate in each of the three modules and complete interim application assignments
- participate in each of the three leadership development modules and complete interim applications
The curriculum begins with an assessment of participants’ leadership behavior, including both strengths and areas for improvement. Prior to the first session, those attending the program will be asked to complete a leadership inventory, which has been designed specifically for senior-level leaders. This instrument enables participants to accurately profile their leadership skills/behavior and provides essential guidance for program facilitators, ensuring that program content meets participants’ needs.
LEAP is divided into three leadership development modules:
Module 1: Developing Your Leadership Brand, Leveraging Your Influence and Managing Conflict
Module 2: Leading Your Team for High-Performance
Module 3: Making Strategic Decisions
Following each Module, participants return to their organizations guided by specific objectives and assignments intended to reinforce and extend their learning; ongoing assessments will monitor progress.
Coaching and consulting support is provided through the Guttman Leadership Institute to work individually and organizationally to enhance continuous learning and development.
By the end of LEAP, participants will have learned to:
- Take stock of their leadership strengths/areas for improvement and strengthen their ability to lead up, down and across their organization
- Master the Guttman Leader-Player model, measure their leadership behavior against the requirements of the model, and apply the model to real-time leadership issues
- Lead horizontally, across functions and within complex matrixed structures
- Acquire leadership coaching skills through concept briefings and hands-on practice
- Create teams of leaders within key intact and issue-specific teams
- Influence outcomes, especially in situations where there is no direct authority
- Formulate strategy, review the strategic plans of others, and make more effective day-to-day decisions
Ongoing assessments, concept briefings, case studies, role plays, experiential exercises, structured application and tracking, with interim coaching and consulting support
A total of 8 days, excluding interim application assignments and coaching, held in two, three-day modules and one, two-day module during the program year